Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Inner Homo

Not sure I should be writing about this but fuck it I will. A number of years ago Stel was telling me how great Bridget Jones's Diary was so I bought it for her when she moved into her place in Mililani. And some flowers which she killed within a week, but that's another story for another time. I had seen bits and pieces of BJD before but never saw the movie in its entirety. As I said in the last blog I was on a three-day mission to find The Godfather and wound up buying five other DVDs. Well... this was one of the five. I'm getting in touch with my homo side!

As I watched the movie, I began thinking, "Holy crap that's the female me!" Well, minus the occasional sex and having two women fighting over me :( But I probably cook as well as she does, I'm sure I can make blue soup. She's had a similar job to my job. I'm a male spinster!

Off-Topic: I'm chatting with Tania on gmail right now! She's back in school again lol. She's going into Anthropology and English, hoping to get into the master's program for second language studies.

Back to Bridget Jones. Is there something wrong with me if I thought she looked cute? Sometimes anyway not all the time. Everytime I see Hugh Grant movies I think to myself, "WTF was he thinking! He should get the shit kicked out of him by every heterosexual male for being such a fucking retard." I like Hugh Grant movies most of the time... like I said getting in touch with my homo side. Sirens is an all-time classic!

I went to the hospital this morning for a scheduled abdominal ultrasound. When I was at the doctor's the other week they told me they were gonna have me get one to see if they can see why my liver enzymes are elevated. I had elevated enzymes before and they told me to stop drinking, so I did, and the next month is was back down. Well it's been higher then normal the past 3 months so that's why I got sent for the ultrasound. Reading some literature online leads me to believe I have elevated liver enzymes because I'm a fat, lazy ass. So I'm starting a 35 year 4 day resolution to not be lazy anymore. Partially for my health, partially because I felt like a pregnant chick checking out her kid on the ultrasound machine. But the main reason is because WE are supposed to go snowboarding next year and I need to get into snowboarding shape. <3 snowboarding!

OMG!! I think I'm seeing a homo theme running throughout this blog. Watching Bridget Jones's Diary, liking Hugh Grant movies, getting an ultrasound, making a resolution. I guess it's a good thing I agreed to go out with Tania next weekend. She'll probably cancel like the last time we were supposed to go out though :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. I laughed so hard, I was crying. Now you know how we pregnant ladies feel. Although, even I don't care much for Hugh Grant. You should watch Bridget Jone's Diary 2, there's a hilarious fight scene with Hugh Grant. Good luck with the resolution.

Unknown said...

You (fat and lazy) gay ass. That ultrasound story was hilarious. Sounds like you have a new appreciation for what the women go through. I hope that you'll be right there by Tania's side, holding her hand and empathizing with what she's going through when you guys have a baby. Am I getting ahead of myself? Well at least you can give yourself a homo reality check when you're out with her next weekend. Go Tania!

JT said...

>> I laughed so hard, I was crying.

She's not kidding. She was laughing so hard I couldn't understand a word she was saying.

Lauren said...

That was some hilarious shiet. Thanks for giving me permission to read your blog again. =)

Unknown said...

;P i didn't cancel on you, did i? lol... have you seen Notting Hill? Good stuff... but if you like that movie, then you really should ask yourself some questions... lol =) it was nice to see you again after all these years haha

Unknown said...

Wow, Lummy's true colors are finally shining through!!!!! So how long is this resolution last? As long as my no smoking resolutions last? As for Tania, haven't you not called her to go out as many times as she has cancelled on you? How are you guys supposed to get married if you never go out??????