This blog is really fucked up because it was written over the course of 2 weeks on 4 different days, but I wanted to finish it because I wanted to post something else.
So unnamed friend and I played pool again on Wednesday. Normally I drive to the mall to pick up vanilla coffee frappacino, get pissed off that I can't find parking, get stuck in traffic on Kapiolani cause they're doing road work, get my ass kicked and lose more Starbucks. But this night was different. Before playing pool I went to visit the furious Flip and Keiko at Kapiolani Hospital. She just gave birth to their first child, Lucas(sp?). ET phone home.
After picking up Starbucks from Borders and getting to the pool hall, we got booted for bringing in outside drinks... WTF! So we went outside to drink our drinks. I finished my iced latte, unnamed friend started bitching about why her straw was so skinny and not looking like a Starbucks straw. She didn't finish her Starbucks cause of her skinny straw and numerous other excuses. We went in to play... yada yada yada... I WON!
I played pretty good. But it probably could have turned bad really fast, but, thanks to unnamed friend it didn't. Although I suck at playing pool, I guess I'm a pool perfectionist. If I'm not doing something well, I get frustrated with myself, this is especially true with positioning the cue ball. When I say positioning the cue ball I'm talking a few inches off, not hooked behind another ball or giving myself a hard shot. Unnamed friend wondered why this was so, so she asked me if she had left me that shot would I be mad, I said no, so she said that if I don't position the ball exactly where I wanted it that I should imagine that she left me that shot. So I started doing that and I started making a lot of balls and playing better.
I guess before I'd be too hard on myself and that would throw my game off. So instead of trying to be perfect, I worked with what I had and it really made me play a freer more relaxed game. Since I won the tournament and moved up in class, I think I played with a lot more pressure on me, feeling that I needed to prove to myself that I could actually play and didn't win the tournament on luck alone.
When we were done playing, we went outside to "smoke," I go outside to talk story, she smokes. Unnamed friend said she read the "being the champ" blog and that what I wrote was untrue and that I made it seem like she was a lot better then she was, she said if someone read the blog, no one would think that the person I was talking about was her. Why would I lie in my blog? At the time I wrote it only Keith and Jens read it so I wasn't trying to kiss her ass. It was my honest assessment of her ability as a pool player. By this time, Ho'o, Kai, and Keli'i had also come outside. So we asked them and they agreed with me. I don't know what's wrong with unnamed friend, I have no reason to lie to her, she's a non-believer like Dana Scully. So would that make me Fox Mulder because I believe?
brief update
17 years ago

1 comment:
Yes it would, Mr. Mulder. But I agree with what you said about the unnamed friend you play pool with. Her ball pocketing skills are so much better than she gives herself credit for.
There is stuff that she just walks up and shoots. I would kill to have an eye like that.
Post a Comment