I logged on at 2:30am to play some cards. I decided (against my best judgement) to listen to Keith and play 3 table 6-player hold em. I was getting fkn confused, I swear as soon as I put in a bet on one table the other 2 tables were beeping at me. Anyway I dumped some money because I was making bad plays and bad judgement. I felt rushed the entire time and I think it threw me off my game. I was pretty pissed (well as pissed as you can be for losing about $10)! I wasn't mad that I got drawn out on or that my cards weren't connecting, I was mad because I played in a situation that I wasn't comfortable playing and that in turn fucked up my judgement. So I decided to dump hold em for the night and play some Omaha! I love Omaha!
I raised half the pot because I only had the nut flush draw. When the guy reraised all-in I figured I was up against the set and not a full house. Since I had 2 shots at making the nut flush, two chances to hit an Ace on the turn or river to give me a full house, or I could backdoor the nut straight or the highly unlikely bull of runner runner Kings to give me a higher full house I decided to call. As you can see I hit none of the above.
After the other loss I built the stack back up a bit and came up with this hand. I raised half the pot on the flop because I had the nut flush draw and top and bottom pair. I was really in good shape when the Q hit to give me top 2 pair with the nut flush draw. When the 6d hit I thought I had it won and nearly shot my load when he pushed in. When the cards flipped over I got limp quick.
Looking back I should have raised pre-flop. I'm pretty sure everyone would still have called, but since I was in late position and I had a good hand, the odds were in my favor and I should have gotten as much money into the pot as possible.
Other than that, I think I would play both hands the same. Even if the cards were dealt face up. That's just how the game goes.
brief update
17 years ago

7 comments:
>> I thought I had it won and nearly shot my load
Post of the year!
sorry I took you out of your comfort zone
On hand #1, why don't you re-raise pre-flop? You have aces... Or is there something I'm missing? Is it better to see the flop in Omaha then decide what you are going to do?
On hand #2, I think you played it right. You have to go all in with the nut flush... If he has the str8 flush (which he did), I think almost everyone goes broke here.
hand #1
In Omaha even with Aces, I'd be like a 60:40 favorite if the guy had a reasonable hand, unlike in Hold em where I'd be a 80:20(?) favorite. Also by reraising it would basically say "I have Aces." On the flop if no Ace hit I could easily be way behind because all I'd have is a pair of Aces. If the player is decent and raised, I'd have to fold.
By re-raising and saying you have Aces, you might take the pot down right there... There's already a decent amount of money in the pot... Pretty sure if you put in a pot sized bet, everyone folds and you make a couple of dollars without even seeing the flop... Then again, I might be way off here since I don't know anything about Omaha.
Never mind. I just re-watched it. There was only $1.60 in the pot at the time. I would probably slow play it too. I guess it really depends on how much risk you want to take by seeing a flop, or if you want to try to take it down right there.
Post a Comment